Federal Government palliative: 40% of the N50,000 grant is coming

The Federal Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Doris Uzoka-Anite has disclosed that 40% of the Federal Government palliative of N50,000 grants to indigent Nigerians is still coming and will be disbursed soon. According to her, the grant is expected to benefit a total of one million Nigerians out of which only about 600,000 or 60% of the applicants have been disbursed to, leaving 40% yet to receive their funds

Speaking through her social media account, the Minister said, “To all applicants of the Presidential Conditional Grant Scheme who are yet to be paid, thank you for your continued patience. The disbursement process is still ongoing, and we have allocated about 60% of the 1 million grants. It’s important to note that almost 4 million Nigerians applied for the Palliative grant of 50k, but only 1 million beneficiaries can be accommodated,” she said.

“The selection is not based on who applied first; everyone has an equal chance but by random computer generated selection. While Mr. President may launch other social intervention programs in the future, there are no immediate plans at this time.

“The teams in my office and BOI have worked tirelessly to ensure this process is fair and accurate. Testimonial videos are already being shared, showcasing how the grant has positively impacted lives and we will share many more. We have prioritized accuracy over speed to ensure every Nigerian who applied has a fair shot. “We had hoped to complete all 1 million disbursements by now but the process has been delayed due to incorrect or missing data, duplicate and spurious applications, which we have had to meticulously clean up to ensure eligibility and validation.

“We are also at the final stages of vetting for the MSME and Manufacturing loans. Applications remain open, and disbursement will begin by July ending. Finally, it is your right as citizens to criticise and hold the government accountable. However, we encourage constructive feedback without resorting to abuse or bigotry. Personal insults and hate speech are not likely to aid your applications and will not be tolerated. Together, we can build a more prosperous Nigeria,” she said.

Leave a Reply