The benchmark NGX All-Share index increased by 0.93% to close at 51,693.08 points on Monday, helping the Nigerian Exchange start the week on a high note. Trade turnover was lower than it had been during the previous session, with a 60.96% decrease in transaction value. 3,900 transactions totaling 229.22 million shares worth N2.91 billion were completed.
The year-to-date (YTD) return increased to 0.88% and the market capitalization increased by N260.37 billion to close at N28.16 trillion. Overall, the market remained positive with AIRTELAFRI (+5.16%), NB (+1.91%), and FBNH (+0.45%), which offset losses in ZENITHBANK (-0.61%), GTCO (-1.25%), and STANBIC (-4.33%).
With 85.18 million traded units, STERLNBANK (+0.00%) dominated the volume chart, while AIRTELAFRI (+5.16%) headed the value chart with transactions totaling N1.03 billion.
Market breadth ended the day negative with a ratio of 1.25 declining stocks to advancing issues. On the loser’s log, Union Bank (-8.63%) was in front of fourteen (14) other participants, while AIRTEL (+5.16%) was in front of eleven (11) other participants.
NGX Market Indices
- NGX ASI: 51,693.08 points
- Previous ASI: 51,222.34 points
- Percentage Day Change: 0.91%
- Y-T-D: 0.18%
NGX Market Capitalization: N28.155trillion
- Volume: 229.2million
- Value: N2.90billion
- Deals: 3,900
NGX Top ASI gainers
- THOMASWY up + 9.28% to close at N1.06
- ABCTRANS up +8.00% to close at N 0.27
- ROYALEX up + 5.88% to close at N1.08
- AIRTELAFRI up + 5.16% to close at N1630.00
- CHIPLC up + 5.00% to close at N0.63
NGX Top ASI losers
- UBN down – 8.63% to close at N6.35
- WEMABANK down – 8.21% to close at N3.58
- AIICO down – 6.25% to close at N0.60
- CAVERTON down – 4.95% to close at N 0.96
- STANBIC down – 4.33% to close at N32.00
NGX Top 3 by Volume
- STERLNBANK – 85,177,667
- UBA – 21,623,427
- FBNH – 20,090,894
NGX Top 3 by Value
- AIRTELAFRI- N1,026,708,692
- FBNH– N222,859,915
- ZENITHBANK- N202,480,757